I've recently discovered how my sister really feels about me.
Below is a text conversation between us…
I suppose all those years of tormenting her and telling her she was adopted, are now coming full circle. I should have seen this coming.
A few people have asked about the recipe for the shrimp and raw veggie dish that I posted a picture of last week. It's very simple and extremely delicious!
Serving Size: Makes 4 big servings
1 lb. Jumbo Shrimp
2 Cups Rice (uncooked)
1 Can Black Beans
1/2 Red Onion
1 Bunch Cilantro
3 Ears of Corn
Salt and Pepper
1. Cut up zucchini, onion, cilantro and add to a big bowl. Then use knife to cut corn from husk and add to the bowl.
2. Open and rinse black beans, then add to the bowl.
3. Start the rice. Any rice is fine…whatever you prefer.
4. While rice is cooking, heat skillet on med/high and liberally add coconut oil to pan. I used about a tablespoon (maybe more) because I love it. The add the shrimp and salt and pepper to taste. Cook shrimp until they are pink and done.
5. Cut up avocado (I wait until now to do this because I don't like them to brown before the rice and shrimp are done). Add avocado to bowl. Then squeeze lime juice from all 3 limes into the bowl. You can add as much or little as you like. I added even more lime juice after the 3 limes.
Mix veggie and bean combo with a spoon.
6. Rice should be finishing up by now.
7. On your plate, layer rice, then veggie mixture, then shrimp on top.
8. Now enjoy!