Hi Hi Hi! Welcome to the new and improved Have My Cake. Some of the pages aren't completely done…but they're in the works. I promise!
I'm working on Aria's 2 Month Old post and my 2 Month Postpartum post…but they aren't finished yet. So in the mean time…here is some random babbling.
1. My least favorite sound is my puppies licking their butts. It just sounds so juicy and gross.
2. I think it's hilarious when Aria farts.
3. My friend asked me what thing can I simply not live without, since having the baby. My answer….our espresso machine. That thing changed my life.
4. My sister can make the funniest lizard face.
5. This morning my Amazon cart was full with 8 things that I needed. I decided to be reasonable and empty out everything except one thing. What did I end up with…a pair of Zoot trail running shoes!
6. Since I'm a dumb dumb and had the date of my next race mixed up, I've been shopping for another. I'm thinking of going big! I mean, is there any other way?!
7. My dogs crunch on leaves like they are potato chips. If there is a leaf stuck to your shoe when you walk in, they will sniff it out, pull it off, and crunch it up!
8. I really want to de-clutter and go for a minimalist feel in our house. I just have no idea where the heck to start! If I can find the time, it shouldn't be too hard though. I LOVE getting rid of things. I'm not a sentimental keeper of things. Cold hearted, right here.
9. PJ and I went out for dinner last weekend. It took me exactly 2 glasses of wine to get him on board with me training for another Ironman.
10. I dug the Indo Board out of the basement the other day, to start working on some core stuff. Any guesses on how many days until I fall off and bust my butt?
11. PJ and I went on our first "date" (although, I don't think that's what the kids are calling it these days), when I was the ripe old age of 23. He took me to a bar called The Salty Dog and proceeded to sing "Don't Stop Believin'" to me...as other young bar goers so gracefully rode a mechanical bull and drank tequila shots in the background.
12. The smell of hand sanitizer reminds me of boot camp.
13. When I was stationed on the ship they would sometimes serve "chicken cordon bleu". It looked like hamsters. We called it hamsters. I'm still skeptical about the whole situation.
14. Yesterday I was singing Jack Johnson to Aria and she started making noises like she was trying to sing along too. I can't wait until that little poop can talk.
15. Hundreds of dollars were spent on things for Aria to sleep in…a fancy bassinet that you can hook an iPod up to, a crib with beautiful bedding, the pack and play with the newborn bassinet. But she will only sleep in a less than fifty dollar Rock and Play.
16. On our wedding day, PJ sent over with his best man, a sweet love letter and a packet of hot sauce that read "Will You Marry Me".
17. I have a folder on my desktop called "Ninja Report".
18. Look how cute my puppies are!
I hope you guys enjoyed this collection of random stuff! Tomorrow I should have Aria's 2 Month post ready to go!