Call me crazy, but I want to put up our Christmas Tree right now! I love the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday season and everything about it. I want it to last as long as possible. The spirit of the season get's me every time.
I still think it's pretty incredible with how much I love the holidays, that Zoe's due date is Christmas Day. Although, I do hope she follows in her big sisters shoes and shows up week early.
Did you hear that universe? Okay...just checking.
Every year on Thanksgiving we have a tradition where we all head outside to get our heart's pumping and get some sweating in, together as a family. We've done 5k's, 10 milers, trail hikes, trail runs, and good old fashioned walks, for our Thanksgiving family sweat fest's. One year I even talked my husband into us running to his parents house for Thanksgiving dinner, instead of driving...as a fun way to get our Thanksgiving sweat in.
I love this tradition because it's time together as a family, doing something healthy and good for our minds and bodies. It's an opportunity for us to connect over something fun, during a time of so much hustle and bustle. It's also one of those things that we will have memories of as we grow older, and our kids will remember and pass on to their families.
In the spirit of healthy family traditions I'm excited to announce the first annual Virtual Gratitude 5K!!! I've teamed up with Amber from Eat 2 Save Your Life and Tricia from A Couple of Dashes to bring you a virtual 5k for Turkey Day! With prizes!!!!
Our mission is to get you and your family up, out, and moving this holiday season. This 5k is free and open to anyone who would like to run, walk or both, 3.1 miles on Thanksgiving day! The whole family is invited to join you in starting or continuing a healthy holiday tradition.
How the Virtual 5K Works:
1. Right click on this image to save and print off your Gratitude 5k race bib!
2. Run or walk 3.1 miles on Thanksgiving 11.26.15, anywhere you happen to be in the world.
3. Share pictures from your race day by tagging @AmberE2SYL @HaveMyCakeBlog @ACoupleOfDashes and using the hashtag #Gratitude5k.
4. Come back once you have finished your run and enter to win some awesome prizes!!! Prizes TBA below. You will have until Saturday night, 11.28.15, to post your results.
*while anyone in the world is invited to run with us, prizes will be limited to US residents only.
You may have noticed that there are three spaces on your race bib. These three spaces are to write 3 things you are thankful for...one for each mile of the run!
Thanksgiving is about being grateful and giving thanks for the wonderful things in our lives. We want to keep that spirit alive, and focus on these awesome gifts we have!!! I plan to think of each of the 3 things I'm grateful for on each mile of my run/walk!
For extra entries in the giveaway, be sure to sign up below and tweet that you are running the Virtual Gratitude 5k. You can come back and do so each day!
We are working with some fantastic companies to bring you some awesome prizes for this year's Gratitude 5k! Here is a list so far...with new ones coming in daily. We will update as they come in.
- 1 lucky winner will get a pair of Pro Compression Marathon socks! Can't wait to get your hands on a pair? Head over to Pro Compression and subscribe to their sock of the month club for killer deals.
- 3 lucky winners will get a pair of XX2i Optics Sunglasses! Head over to their website to check out the colors!
- 1 lucky winner will get an Ohm K tank! Check out their website for inspiring gear, created to make women feel empowered!
- 1 lucky winner will get a Bare Bones Body gift pack! Check out their website for amazing body care products that are natural, simple and made only from ingredients that will make your skin happy!
- 1 lucky winner will receive a 73threads t-shirt! They have awesome runner and triatlete inspired shirts! Check out their website to check out the colors and styles!
- 1 lucky winner will recieve a 73threads hoodie! Check out their website to check out the colors and styles!
Happy Monday Friends! I look forward to kicking butt with you this Thanksgiving!
a Rafflecopter giveaway