Our Everyday Uses for Coconut Oil
Tuesday, December 15, 2015
I'll admit it. I'm that weird lady who whips out a jar of coconut oil 100 times a day for everything under the sun. I even keep a tiny mason jar in both my purse and the diaper bag...and in the bathrooms, our bedroom, the kitchen and Aria's room.
In my defense, coconut oil is amazing. It's naturally antibacterial and anti-fungal and it's a fantastic moisturizer. It's main fatty acid helps control cholesterol levels. It contains Vitamins E, K and Iron. Coconut oil also improves digestion and immunity.
There are a zillion things you can use it for, but these are a few of the things we use it for daily.
1. Diaper rash cream
2. Dry skin anywhere on the body
3. Eye make up remover
4. Dry scalp or cradle cap, for baby
5. Lip balm
6. For nursing/pumping (back when I was pumping for Aria)
7. Natural shave cream
8. As a carrier oil with essential oils
9. Melted and mixed in with your dogs food to help with his itching and allergies
10. Massage oil
11. DIY Vapor Rub
12. Melted in hot tea to treat a sore throat
13. Healing cracked dog paws
14. Removes caked on food from dishes
15. Bug bite soother
16. Get rid of the sticky stuff left over from stickers
17. Helps heal cuts and scrapes
18. In place of vegetable oil and butter in cooking
19. Mixed with a tablespoon of chia seeds for a natural energy booster
20. Tame frizzy hair
What's your favorite use for coconut oil?
What's your favorite multi use natural remedy?